SARAH BASCOM | PRESIDENT
- Named to the INFLUENCE 150 List as one of the 150 most influential people in Florida Politics (2022)
- Named four times to the INFLUENCE 100 List as one of the 100 most influential people in Florida politics (2021 / 2020 / 2018 / 2016)
- Named four times as one of Florida’s Most Influential Business Leaders in the Florida Trend’s Florida 500 (2022 / 2021 / 2020 / 2019)
- Referred to “as the go-to counselor in Florida’s Capitol after a determined rise through the political ranks…That’s all while building a firm that never retreats, only reloads, with talented operators who are also trusted by many powerful pols” by former House Speaker Dean Cannon
- Highlighted in Roll Call as a key member of the sought-after “top Republican teams in Florida campaigns”
- Featured in Tallahassee Magazine, Tallahassee Woman Magazine & 850 Magazine (February/March 2013)
- Former principal on an international public relations and strategic consulting firm
- Former communications director for the late Senate President Jim King
- Former press secretary for the Florida Senate Majority Office
- Former deputy communications director for the Republican Party of Florida
Sarah Bascom is the president of Bascom Communications.
As a noted political communications expert with nearly 20 years of experience, Bascom has advised many of the state’s largest corporations, trade associations and highest-ranking elected officials on crisis management, strategic messaging, media management and public affairs campaigns.
Bascom’s successful tenure in the political communications and the public affairs arena in Florida stems from her on-the-ground experience and training, working on high-profile issues, serving as spokesperson for numerous coalitions, elected officials and companies all across Florida, and her daily interaction with the Capitol Press Corps and media outlets across the state.
Bascom has served as a member of the communications teams for several noted Florida companies and trade associations, including ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, Associated Industries of Florida, AT&T, The Everglades Foundation, Florida Association of Health Plans, and the American Resort Development Association, among others.
Most recently, Bascom served as a strategic communication advisor to House Speaker Chris Sprowls and the campaign arm of the House Republican Caucus, House Majority, for the 2020 Election Cycle.
During the 2018 Election Cycle, Bascom served as lead communications advisor to the DeSantis for Governor General Election Campaign, key communications advisor to Florida Senate President Bill Galvano, and assisted the Republican Caucus with campaign communications needs.
In previous election cycles, Bascom served on the teams for both incoming presiding officers of the Florida Senate and Florida House of Representatives, and as the spokesperson and strategic advisor for numerous congressional, state and referendum campaigns, including Neal Dunn for Florida Congressional District 2, Dana Young for Florida Senate District 18, and the No on Amendment 2 Campaign, which led to the defeat a statewide constitutional initiative that was polling at nearly 88 percent approval.
Prior to founding Bascom Communications, Bascom was a principal of an international public relations and strategic communications firm, where she managed the Florida office and serviced corporate, private sector and campaign clients. Bascom also served as the communications director for the Florida Senate, under the late Senate President Jim King, and as the press secretary for the Senate Majority Caucus and deputy communications director for the Republican Party of Florida.
Bascom is often quoted as a noted Republican consultant in national and statewide media, has been recognized as one of the “FLORIDA 500: Florida’s Most Influential Business Leaders” by the Florida Trend, one of the “Brightest Minds in Florida Politics” by SaintPetersBlog and was named twice to the INFLUENCE 100 List as one of the 100 most influential people in Florida politics. Bascom has also been highlighted in Roll Call as a key member of the sought-after “top Republican teams in Florida campaigns.” Bascom serves on the Maclay School Board of Trustees and is a member of the American Association of Political Consultants and the Florida Public Relations Association.
Bascom is a graduate of the Florida State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications. Bascom, a native of Clearwater, resides in Tallahassee with her husband and daughter.