SARAH DEMONT | COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT
- Named one of the 2019 30 Under 30 Rising Stars in Florida Politics by INFLUENCE Magazine
- Featured with BCC team as one of the Great Communicators in INFLUENCE Magazine (Spring 2017)
- Featured in Tallahassee Woman Magazine (April/May 2015)
- Served on communications teams for a key cabinet race in the Republican Primary and a state senate campaign during the General Election in 2018, as well as for Neal Dunn for Florida Congressional District 2 and Dana Young for Florida Senate District 18 campaigns
- Former communications coordinator for statewide trade association
- Former intern for U.S. Congressman Dan Webster
- Former reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat (Summer 2011)
Sarah Demont is a communications consultant at Bascom Communications.
Bringing a diverse background in public relations, trade association work and congressional experience, Demont provides communications support for Bascom Communication’s clients across various industries through in-depth research, writing and traditional and new media management.
During the 2018 Election Cycle, Demont worked on the communications teams for a key cabinet race in the Republican Primary and a state senate campaign during the General Election. Prior to the 2018 Election Cycle, Demont gained substantial campaign experience by assisting the communications teams for Neal Dunn for Florida Congressional District 2 and Dana Young for Florida Senate District 18 Campaigns.
Prior to joining the Bascom team, Demont was the communications coordinator at a statewide trade association. While there, she helped plan and execute a campaign to garner new memberships, coordinated the design and production of the association newsletter, handled graphic design, and assisted with fundraising and event planning.
Additionally, Demont has spent time in the U.S. House of Representatives, where she was an intern in Congressman Dan Webster’s office. While on Capitol Hill, Demont attended legislative hearings, communicated with constituents and drafted correspondence on behalf of the Congressman’s office.
While in college, Demont worked for an Athens, Georgia-based food tour company, where she helped implement a social media marketing campaign and participated in event planning. She also spent a summer as a reporter for the Tallahassee Democrat as a member of the politics and policies team.
Demont was named one of the 2019 30 Under 30 Rising Stars in Florida Politics by INFLUENCE Magazine.
Demont is a graduate of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia and has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism with an emphasis on Public Affairs and a minor in English. A Tallahassee Native, Demont resides in Tallahassee with her husband, Graham, and their dog, Goose.